Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back for more

Hey, everybody! I'm back in Conakry, here to spend a hot Christmas with my friends from training. This is a short post, but I want to let everyone know things are going well - the acid fly burn is gone and I've been feeling great since the last time you heard from me. I'm going to work on finishing a long entry today and plan on posting it, along with a bunch of new pictures on Picasa, tomorrow when I go en ville to the internet cafe (the connection is much better there).

I have some pretty good stories involving deadly snakes, almost deadly bikes, cow hooves, and devils living in the hills, so get excited!

I'll be in Conakry until the morning of the 27th, when I'll be going down to Freetown, Sierra Leone for New Years on the beach. Whoomp! There it is!

Oh, and here's a joke from my new jokebook:

Why do bears wear fur coats?
Because they'd look silly in rain coats!

2 comments:

megat said...

your blog more info ,make me excited. Congratulation!!. I come again

Q. Miller said...

Hi! So this is real random, but I'm your cousin Courtney's husband's cousin. (Eli's mom and mine are sisters.) They were all up at my aunt's place having an after Christmas diner... and you came up. I'm a middle east studies major at georgia state, and am thinking about going into the peace corps after graduation. When my mom mentioned that, Courtney sent her home with the article you wrote for the newspaper and a link to your blog.

Your blog's really interesting and very descriptive. I was in Yemen for a few months and some of the experiances sound similar... terrifying taxis... student riots, all that good stuff. My roommate will shortly be leaving to enter the peace corps in September so I'm going to forward your site along to her too. Happy new year! -Quilly

(Apparently we should be rivals...I'm a coxswain for the GSU team :-)