Monday, July 7, 2008

PCT

As of this moment, PCT has a completely new meaning to me. Instead of the horrific 'Patent Cooperation Treaty', PCT now means "Peace Corps trainee; I am no longer a Peace Corps Invitee. So long as I make it through the training, on September 26 I will officially become a Peace Corps Volunteer (PCV).

The morning got off to a good start when I was able to bypass a large check-in line and got away with some overweight bags. The day turned a little sour, though, when my suitcase with ALL of my clothes failed to arrive in Philly. Supposedly, it's in Philly now and will be here by the time I wake up tomorrow. I'm sure it will be - but can you imagine if they really lost it? Talk about screwed!

We spent about 5 hours in orientation today, and there seem to be a lot of genuinely good, fun people here. I can already tell they will be good people to work with over the next two years. Seeing as I only slept about two hours last night, I should get some sleep, but I wanted to get some kind of post out on my day with the Peace Corps.

Wooka!

1 comment:

CB Boston said...

Hey Hunter, It's Chris from the cruise. I was traveling with my family and was parked at the Roulette table most nights!

Have a great experience in the Peace Corps. I'll be checking out the website to see how you're doing.

Good luck!