Monday, June 16, 2008

You can eat my air triscuit.

After a long absence from the homefront, I always find the least exciting part of the house to be the kitchen pantry. Once upon a time, I was naive enough to open the door and let a smile grow across my face as I reached for a box of cookies or a tin of fancy crackers, only to be let down upon discovering an empty box (or maybe some crumbs if I was lucky).

Now I know better. Sometimes I'll still peer into the pantry out of habit, but not in expectation. This time, though, my sister and I discovered the motherload of empty boxes/containers. Not only was there an empty toffee box and an empty cookie tin, there were also two empty boxes of fiber crackers. These days even the stuff I don't want to eat is a fake! When confronted on this, my mother at first feigned ignorance, but later retracted her statement, saying "I like to keep a few teasers in there."

Moms are great.

PS - this isn't the great post you've been hearing about; it will be a few weeks in the works and will include the word 'Swift' in the Labels...

No comments: